- Be at least 12 years old; an authorisation, signature, and meeting with at least one parent will be required if less than 18 years old.
- Have no medical condition associated with diving
Click here to see the Open Water dive medical questionnaire
If answered one “YES” or more on the questionnaire, a certificate from a diving doctor will be required
Click here to consult the list of diving doctor around Perth
- Be able to swim in water in which to deep to stand in and thread water
- If you wish to learn how to dive, you can call us on +61450005381 to find a date and book, or book directly through our website
- Once booking is completed, a confirmation email will be sent to you within 24 hours, as well as your online Elearning theory
- Your first morning with us will be spent in confined water (swimming pool) practicing skills, and you will head out in the Ocean for 2 dives on the afternoon
- You will enjoy 2 more dives on your second day, and obtain your certification
WHAT YOU CAN SEE DURING YOUR DIVES
There is lots of soft coral and algaes where our favourite animal likes to hide: The sea horse.
It is also very common to see octopus, lion fish, sea stars, sea urchins, nudi branchs, small rays, crabs, cray fish, prawns, schools of fish like herrings or yellow tails, butterfly fish, cuttle fish. Occasionally and depending on the dive site, we encounter dolphin, sea lion, turtle, squid, bull stingray, trevally, wrecks of small boats or planes.
Click here to check out our marine life photography gallery
Perth Ocean ensures to have the best and newest equipment and services it every year.
- Air tanks
- Beuchat regulators
- Buoyancy Control Devices and inflators
- Pressure and air gauge
- Mask and fins with boots
- 5 mm wet suit for your comfort and keep you warm
- Accessories you need to participate to a level 1 open water diver program, such as dive computer with no decompression times, compass, S.M.B, snorkel
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is scuba diving dangerous?
Absolutely not, if you respect the rules. That is why you can not dive without a professional with you without a certification.
Are there sharks, and are they dangerous?
Yes, there is sharks in the Ocean.
Out of more than 500 species of sharks recorded in the world, less than 10 are known to possibly attack humans; they are deep water sharks that usually do not go to shallow water we dive in for our course.
I started my level 1 open water course in another dive center but have not had time to finish it. Should I start the whole thing again in order to have my certification?
No! If you started a PADI Open Water or PADI Scuba diver program, you will be able to finish it with Perth Ocean: You just have to give us your referral form (Document PADI number 10056F-V308) completed and signed by your previous instructor.
Can I take photos or videos?
For safety reasons Perth Ocean do not allow you to take photo until the last dive. But on the dive number 4 of your course you can take as many pictures as you like!
Can I fail the level 1 open water diver and not obtain my certification?
The level 1 open water diver program is very easy if you listen to and follow the instructions, and if you fail an exercise, you can practice and do it again. Regarding the theory, there is several versions, so if you fail version A you can review before trying the version B.
On top of that your instructor is very experienced and patient, and will ensure you understood everything before assessing you;
Finally, your instructor will never put pressure on you or ask you to do something he/she estimates you are not ready for. It happens that we need to extend the course (one more day) to let you go at your peace without stressing you.
In theses conditions and if you meet the swimming requirement before starting the course, it is very hard to fail your course!
What would be the exercises?
Your PADI Instructor has to follow the PADI program and standards; it will be safety and emergency procedures (such as remove and replace your mask or regulator underwater, and a lot more…), and learning how to set up and get familiarised with your scuba diving equipment, buoyancy skills and compass.
PRICES AND DISCOUNTS
The below listed prices are all included (with all equipment, theory supports such as books, a PADI experienced instructor, and all other costs).