As a dive master, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The dive master trainee will learn to assist instructors on every course (Try dives, level 1 open water, level 2 advanced, level 3 rescue, Speciality diver, diving for kids, and even snorkelling tours), how to lead others, and supervise diving activities.
Working closely with an instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
Most of our dive master program will be on real situations, with real students, real boat trips, and the dive master trainee will decide when he wishes to assist, according to his own schedule. He has up to a year to complete the whole program and assessments, but if he prefers doing an every day training he can obtain his certification within 2 to 3 weeks.
- Be at least 18-year-old
- Have logged at least 40 dives (60 on the day of the certification)
- Be a certified open water, PADI advanced and PADI rescue diver
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 12 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- If you wish to become a professional and follow the level 4 dive master program, call us on 0450005381 to know more about the course, or simply book online
- At home you will practice the theory and get familiarized with the professional supports
- At your rhythm and according to the current courses on with Perth Ocean, you will start to learn how to assist an Instructor, independently supervise and guide certified divers, and lead snorkelling tours. You will be encouraged to dive as much as possible to extend your experience and knowledge.
- Half a day of swimming tests, stressful situations and rescues management
The course includes:
- Air tanks/Air fills, illimited shore dives
- Your theory supports/PADI Elearning theory and certification
- Mentoring from our Instructors
WHAT YOU CAN SEE DURING YOUR DIVES
The visibility varies between 3 and 15 metres.
Perth Ocean always chooses the best dive site according to the weather, so you have the best and calmest conditions.
There is lots of coral and algaes where our favourite animal likes to hide: The sea horse.
It is also very common to see octopus, lion fish, sea stars, sea urchins, nudi branchs, small rays, crabs, cray fish, prawns, schools of fish like herrings or yellow tails, butterfly fish, cuttle fish. Occasionally and depending on the dive site, we encounter dolphins, sea lions, hawksbill turtle, squids, bull stingray, trevally, wrecks of small boats or planes, small sharks like grey nurse, wobbegong, or port Jackson.
Click here to check out our marine life photography gallery