The great barrier reef is the biggest structure created by organisms, and can be seen from the moon! It is the home of an impressive panel of marine life, and is often described as on the the 7 world wonders.
The 110m S.S. Yongala sank during a cyclone on March 23rd, 1911 and it was not until 1958 that the wreck was first dived and due to its remote location it has remained mostly untouched. The wreck begins 15m below the surface and extends to 29m, and is classified on the top 10’s best dive in worldwide!
Often seen are Turtles, Sea Snakes, Giant Trevally, Queensland gropers, Eagle Rays, Manta Rays, Sharks, thousands of tropical fish and in the cooler months, Humpback Whales.
Perth Ocean organises a dive travel that combine 3 days on a liveaboard trip on the great barrier reef from cairns, and an incredible journey of 2 dives on the Yongala wreck off Townsville, for a departure on the first week of June 2016.
- Flights go/return Perth/Cairns/Townsville
- 2 nights in a hostel dorm room (additional of $40 per night for a private room)
- 2 meals in an Irish pub next to the hotel
- One day in the blue lagoon swimming pool
- 3 days/2 nights on a 5 stars scuba diving boat
- All meals onboard
- 11 dives, including 2 night dives
- 2 dives on the Yongala wreck
- Boat, his crew, and a private guide
- All scuba gear
- Transfers hotel/boat and airport/hotel
Price does not include:
- Food and drinks that are not listed above
- Activities other than scuba diving
- Level 2 or Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be more than 18 years old
The dive vessel on the great barrier reef: 25 metres long 5 stars vessel created specially for diving equipped with 14 twin bed rooms, 2 double bed rooms, 8 bathrooms, one common area, 2 outdoor decks (one for dive equipment and one for sunbathing and relaxing), and one compressor (possibility of diving on nitrox).